Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers
Before you post your comment or question . . .
- Please check the Frequently Asked Questions and the archive of past discussions.
- Messages can be given in any language including Japanese, although relatively few contributors to Japanese Wikipedia are fluent in languages other than Japanese and English.
- Brief and precise messages are encouraged.
- Please do not copy and paste text, even from other Wikimedia projects. Place a link to the text instead.
- Please do not post personal information, such as your email address.
- The following pages may also be helpful:
- m:A guide to the Japanese Wikipedia: general information on the Japanese Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:大使館 (WP:Embassy) and m:Embassy: for linguistic help.
- The Babel system and Category:言語別の利用者 can help you find other users who speak your language.
- If you hope to inform something rather than to discuss, you can post it to Wikipedia:お知らせ (general notice page).
- Wikipedia:Bot/使用申請: set the bot flag for a user account.
- You can post username change and usurpation requests at Special:GlobalRenameRequest.
- For translation requests, please write translated article name, link to the article you want to translate, summary of the article, and reason for the request.
- Feel free to archive sections. But please keep in mind that you must write "archived from [[Wikipedia:Help for Non-Japanese Speakers]]" in the summary box on editing archive pages, and "archived to (link to archive page)" in the summary box on editing this page. If you don't write these, the pages must be deleted.
Hello everyone. I would like to write an article about Keita Kaneto. While looking for information, I found some results. Can someone tell me what results are that? Is this a Japanese championships or something like that? If it is the championships, then in what event they are? Diving has more than one event. Thanks in advance, Żyrafał（会話） 2018年1月17日 (水) 14:19 (UTC)
- The title of this list is "History of JAPAN SWIM Winners : Men - Diving".
Suggest stub translation of en:Jūrō Oka (founder of modern Japanese whaling)[編集]
Years ago I wrote en:Jūrō Oka on English Wikipedia, and I'm still surprised there is no equivalent article on Japanese Wikipedia, since Oka is basically the guy who modernized whaling in Japan. Could someone take just 5-10 minutes and create a translated stub, even if just a couple sentences long with a couple citations from English, in hopes that the stub would be expanded here in Japanese? I'm sure there are many interesting things written about him in Japanese, so maybe creating a stub will attract more content? MatthewVanitas（会話） 2018年1月28日 (日) 19:10 (UTC)
For JAwiki expatriate users in Southern China: Meetup/Hong Kong/115[編集]
Any JAwiki users who are Japanese expatriates in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Macau, Guangzhou, Zhuhai, and other southern Chinese cities are welcome to join the next Hong Kong meetup on February 24, 2018. More details here: meta:Meetup/Hong Kong/115
User:ネイ speaks Japanese and he will be happy to assist Japanese expats who come to the meetups :)
(If you want, ネイ, please translate this into Japanese!)
（以下、日本語の説明）2018年2月24日に香港でMeetupが行われます。香港のイベントなので英語版と中国語版が主体になりますが、日本語話者でも対応できますので、是非ご参加ください。なお、WhisperToMe氏は香港、深セン、マカオ、広州、珠海など主に中国南部在住の方に呼びかけていますが、当然ながら誰でもご参加になれます。ご質問はここで書くか、利用者‐会話:ネイまでお越しください。--ネイ（会話） 2018年2月10日 (土) 03:32 (UTC)
- Thanks for the translation! As for expatriates, I guess the arrangement is up to them. There are many border crossing points possible (land routes through Shenzhen, the China Rail train from Guangzhou to Kowloon, and sea routes by ferry). If a group of Japanese expats in Shenzhen want to go together they can do that :)
- All expats from Macau and Zhuhai should take the ferry to Kowloon. IMO Japanese expats in Shekou (in Shenzhen) may want to take the ferry while those in Futian (in Shenzhen) may want to go to Futian Checkpoint and connect to the MTR there. Those in Guangzhou may want to take the China Rail Guangzhou to Kowloon train. Those in southern Guangzhou may wish to to take the ferry.
- WhisperToMe（会話） 2018年2月11日 (日) 00:13 (UTC)